Learn to go fast AND have fun!
Milton Speed Skating offers 4 week Introduction to Speed Skating sessions throughout the season. Available for both kids and adults, our coaches will guide you through all you need to know so that you can experience the fun of short track speed skating!
Available for: Anyone 5 to 95 years old with basic skating ability (able to skate one lap in about 35 seconds).
Cost: $100, which includes four weeks of 50-minute lessons and rental of speed skates for duration of your intro session.
Dates for 2019/20 Season:
September Intro Sessions:
1a: Saturdays 8-9am - September 28 to October 19
1b: Mondays 7-8pm - September 30 to October 28
* Orientation and skate fitting is Monday September 23, 7:30-8:30pm, Milton Sports Centre
November Intro Sessions:
2a: Saturdays 8-9am - November 23 to December 14
2b: Mondays 7-8pm - November 18 to December 9
* Orientation and skate fitting is Monday November 11, 7:30-8:30pm, Milton Sports Centre
January Intro Sessions:
3a: Saturdays 8-9am - January 25 to February 22
3b: Mondays 7-8pm - January 27 to February 17
* Orientation and skate fitting is Monday January 20, 7:30-8:30pm, Milton Sports Centre
Upon completion of the Introduction to Speed Skating, skaters will be assigned to a practice group level based on age and skill-level, and are offered a pro-rated fee to continue training for the remainder of the speed skating season.
- Speed skates (provided by Milton Speed Skating Club)
- Kevlar ankle guards (provided by Milton Speed Skating Club)
- Helmet (hockey, snowboard/ski, and skateboarding helmets are acceptable; Bike helmets not permitted)
- Gloves (ideally cut-resistant leather gloves; thick snow gloves acceptable)
- Knee protection (ie. volleyball knee pads)
- Neck protection (kevlar hockey bib)
- Shin guards (ie. soccer shin guards)
We do have a limited amount of equipment available for loan; Please ask if you are having difficulty with any pieces of equipment.
Registration opens in August of each year.