Experience the fun of short track speed skating while learning the basics through four 50-minute weekly sessions.
Upcoming Learn to Speed Skate Sessions:
We are now accepting registration for our APRIL 2022 INTRODUCTION TO SPEED SKATING SESSSION
- 4 week session on Mondays from 7pm - 7:50pm
- Starts April 4th end April 25th
- Enjoy your 4 lessons and then have the opportunity to pre-register for September 2022 with a rebate!
- Registration: $100, rental speed skates included
Our coaches will guide the skaters through all they need to know so that they can experience the fun of short track speed skating. At the completion of your Learn to Speed Skate sessions, your coach will recommend the best Milton Speed Skating Club group for you to join, should you choose to continue in the fall.
Available for: Ages 5 to 95 years old with basic skating ability (able to skate one rink lap in about 35 seconds)
- Speed skates (rental included in Learn to Speed Skate registration fee)
- Kevlar ankle guards (rental included in Learn to Speed Skate registration fee)
- Helmet (hockey, snowboard/ski, and skateboarding helmets are acceptable; Bike helmets not permitted)
- Gloves (ideally cut-resistant leather gloves; thick snow gloves acceptable)
- Knee protection (ie. volleyball knee pads)
- Recommended - Neck protection (kevlar hockey bib)
- Recommended - Shin guards (soccer shin guards)
We do have a limited amount of equipment available for loan; Please ask if you are having difficulty with any pieces of equipment.